Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pictures of Hunter

I got the BEST gift today - a visit with Hunter! I got to nurse him and he latched on and nursed for over 15 minutes - a HUGE success, especially considering he has never had any food through his mouth - just through his NG tube to his belly! He's doing extremely well, and we're planning on him coming home about the time his antibiotics are finished for the pneumonia. He has about a week left of meds, so hopefully he'll truly have the hang of nursing by then and CAN come home!

Enjoy these Hunter pictures, everyone! Before this visit, I had only seen him two times, very briefly, in the nursery at Olathe Medical Center before he was transferred to Overland Park Regional. So, this was a real treat for me - I basically met Hunter for the first time today - and it was WONDERFUL! It was the pick-me-up that I needed. :)








1 comment:

Jenn said...

Trish, he looks SO good! I'm glad you were able to be with him today....were you discharged, or was this just a little field trip?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker