Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Introducing: Tucker Ray and Hunter Daniel !!

My energy level is quite low at the moment, so this entry will most likely not be as lengthy as it could be. Just bare with me!

Monday was a busy, non-eventful day until later into the afternoon. We had a great OB appointment that morning at 1030 am that was nothing more than a routine visit for 34 weeks. Then we had a 145pm appointment in the sonogram department at the hospital for our monthly growth scan. Then were to head upstairs for our first NST in the Birth Center at Olathe Medical Center. That's when things gotinteresting . . . once they hooked me up to the machine, they started picking up contractions that I was having quite reguarly, although not painfully noticeable to me. They decided to check me and then call the Doctor. I was dlated to 2 centimeters, 50% effaced and -2 station. The doctor showed up an hour later, and said she'd check me and then send me home. She was proven wrong when she noticed I dilated from 2 to 6 in less than an hour! At that point, I wasn't going home.

By Monday evening I had progressed to a 7, 70% effaced and -1 station.

I labored all day on Tuesday, and things really started moving later in the evening. We knew the time was drawing near!

Finally, at 1012pm, Tucker's water broke. A few minutes later, at 1018pm, Tucker was born and laid on my chest. He was delivered vaginally with NO DRUGS AT ALL! Woot!

Next was Hunter. He was still very high up in the uterus after his brother was born, so I knew I had some good, strong pushing to do to get him down. After pushing for over an hour, the doctor became concerned as to why he hadn't progressed downwards, and decided to do a sonogram to check his placement. Sonogram showed that Hunter was now completely breech with his feet near the cervix. At that point, we decided a c-section was the best option to get Hunter out while he was still stable and not showing any signs of stress. That proved to be the absolute BEST OPTION for Hunter's well-being, because the doctor discovered the cord was wrapped around his neck, went down his back and then wrapped TWICE around his leg.

Needless to say, I'm a bit sore in several places and extrememly tired! Here are the babies' stats:

Tucker Ray - July 1st, 2008, 1018pm; 4 lbs, 14 oz; 17 3/4 inches long
Hunter Daniel - July 1st,2008, 1154pm; 5 lbs 11 oz; 18 1/2 inches long

So far, the babies are doing great, considering they're prematurity. Tucker, although the smaller of the two, is breathing room air (was never on oxygen) and eating every three hours. I was even able to nurse him this morning and he did GREAT. Hunter is having a few issues here and there, but the doctors are monitoring him really well, and are hoping he won't have to be transferred to a hospital with a NICU. He's on a bit of oxygen, and they're slowly weaning him off of it.

I am going to rest for a bit, and then I'll post a few pictures of our new babies! Love You All. :)

4 comments:

Tyler Patrick Breuer said...

After waiting all day for your return phonecall, I decided to check your blog instead for an update. Alas! SO glad to to hear things seem to be improving for Hunter. I'm sorry you had to endure both types of deliveries, but it was totally for the best!

The week(s) will fly by between the time you get to bring them home and they'll be well taken care of at OMC. I will continually pray for lil' Hunter health so he won't have to make the move to Children's Mercy. He's got lots of angels watching over him!

Congratulations Trish, Dan and big brother, Cooper!

All the ladies on ABFU want you to know that they're sending love and prayers continually.

Please know I am here, ready and waiting to help and support you whenever and as soon as you say 'jump'... I mean that. You know my number. Call me.

I love you so much,
Kathleen

Jenn said...

Trish, I'm so thrilled that they are here, relatively healthy for being such little squirts, and ready to complete your family! The adventure has begun!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Wills Family! My computer has been in the shop for a week so I was completely shocked to see that the boys are here already. I'm glad that everything is well and I can't wait to see more pictures of the little darlings. In the ones posted, I think they look like their daddy!! Congrats again!

~Morgan

Salena said...

Congratulations! Hunter is only 2 ounces and 1 inch less than Nathan was! It's hard to think about just how small they are as newborns. You know they will grow up faster than you want them too. Good Luck!

~Salena

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker