Monday, March 3, 2008

17 Weeks

Man, it just seems like this pregnancy is flying by. Feels like just yesterday we found out we were pregnant and were in such shock - after 20 months of trying we were really beginning to think it would never happen! Now that the twinshock is starting to wear off, we're really getting excited - how lucky are we? We get to bring home TWO BABIES to love and cherish forever. That's a blessing I could have never dreamed of. Is it going to be hard? Yes, I'm sure there will be days and weeks that drag by while I walk around as a sleepless zombie, but who cares, right? I'm only 27, I can handle it - I hope. :)

I will leave you with this - so far, my least favorite statement from people who discover we're expecting twins is: "Oh, no! Double Trouble!" Nope, double the love I tell them, and double the hugs, and double the kisses, and double the giggles . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish,
Just wanted to touch base with you... Congrats on the twins. I think that is wonderful. Double the joy. You are such a wonderful person and a good friend to Kathleen. Thanks for all of your support and love. The Lord is blessing you with these twins.
If you need anything I would be happy to help any way I can.

Tyler and Jarrett's Oro Debbie

Jenn said...

"Double trouble" might be your least favorite statement right now, but wait till they turn one! Then it really is double trouble! Or, maybe it's better put "double IN trouble"! But, the double smiles, giggles, hugs, and kisses completely overshadow the trouble and make those exhausting days totally worth it!

Anonymous said...

Get used to the comments! The boys are 4 now and I still get that. Oh, and "Are they twins" really bugs me! Anyway, you'll do just fine. I was able to handle twins at a MUCH younger age than you are now and if I can do it then you'll do GREAT!! If you need any help with ANYTHING don't hesitate to call!

~Morgan

Rebecca said...

Congratulations again, Trish...I know that you are going to do absolutely amazing. You are totally meant to be a mother!! All I can say is, God knows who can handle them and who can't...he knows I can't! :)You just have that "super mom" aura about you...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker